Extended abstracts, full-papers, patent and start-ups will be eligible for presentation in the scope of SEG-2018. The call for abstracts can be found here. Decisions on oral presentations will be made depending on the abstracts submitted. Once the abstract is accepted for oral presentation, either an extended abstract or a full-paper can be submitted. Note that one of these is mandatory for oral presentation, an abstract submission alone will not suffice. For the patent and start-up presentations, a one-page description is sufficient to be eligible for the presentations. Please see the instructions below for submission details.
- Abstract submissions should include title, author(s), author(s) affiliation, author(s) email, and abstract text (maximum 250 words).
- Abstracts must be in English and should explain the content as well as summarise results and major conclusions.
- Please submit your abstract via the online submission tool (below).
- Abstracts will be reviewed with regard to scientific quality and suitability for the symposium.
- The authors of the accepted abstracts can submit their contribution in the following formats as either extended abstracts or full papers.
Extended abstracts and full-papers:
Extended Abstracts: Extended abstracts are eligible for oral presentation and they will be included in the digital conference proceedings on a CD or USB. Extended abstracts should be maximum 2-pages long.
Full-Papers: Full-paper submissions will be published in the book of the proceedings by Springer and indexed in Scopus and SpringerLink. Papers should be maximum 6-pages long.
For patent holders and and Start-ups:
- Submissions for patent holders should include the patent title, name(s) of inventor(s)/ applicant(s) and their affiliation, application number of the patent and a max. 1-page description of the technology.
- Submissions for start-ups should include the name of the company, and the name/role of the person representing it, and a max. 1-page description of the start-up with link to the start-up website (if available)
- Early-stage projects, not yet incorporated as legal entities are also encouraged to participate
- Submissions must be in English
- Please send your submission via the online submission tool (below).